Descendants of John Leonard Sellers
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN LEONARD5 SELLERS (PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born November 22, 1782 in Bucks Cnty PA, and died September 03, 1860 in Allen Cnty OH. He married ELIZABETH WENGER in PA, daughter of JOHN WENGER and CATHERINE FUNK.
Notes for JOHN LEONARD SELLERS:
The Allen Cnty Ohio Gierhart Family Inn site provides map which names the site with Leonard and wife as St Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery. (Coded PE-7, Perry Township 7). Facility on East side of road must be the Fletcher Cemetery.(PE-2). Same site added stone data in Apr 98. Death dates changed to use that information. Birth date for Leonard provided by Joanna Baker. From date of death, using 30 day months, that checks within a couple of days.
Leonard was baptised in the Indian Creek Reformed church in what was then Montgomery Cnty PA. Michael and Samuel were also reported as baptised in this church. Other children were not baptised in this church. Leonard moved with his family to the Franklin Cnty PA circa 1795. In Mar of 1828, his first son, Joseph was born in the vicinity of Waynesboro, according to Victor N. Sellers papers. Victor was a grandson of Joseph. Data shown for Elizabeth from grave data.
Date of departure for Ohio is unknown and arrival is shown as 1836
or 37. Date for birth dates and locations indicate arrival in Ohio in 1837.
Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org provided land documentation showing Leonard signing
for 640 acres on Oct 10, 1840. A Jacob Sellers and a John Sellers both
signed for land on the same day. A John and Susan Sellers are both in St
Paul's also. John died in 1882 and Susan in 1892. Parents are question
mark now..The relationship to Jacob,if any , is also still in question.
Notes for ELIZABETH WENGER:
Victor N. Sellers papers indicate name was Anna Weingert. Marie Sellers Holliger's Allen Cnty web page showed Elizabeth Wenger. Both Wengard and Wengerd show up in notes. Wenger is right. Mary Ann Fokken, Maryann661@aol.com asked for info and concluded, based on my data, that Elizabeth was a Wenger. She then provided for the Wenger family, some of which is reflected in my database. Her family includes many different spellings of the name also. She was also kind to provide many pages of census data on Sellers in the Allen/Auglaize Cnty area from 1850-1920. Census data from microfilm in MO library.
Children of JOHN SELLERS and ELIZABETH WENGER are:
2. i. JOSEPH6 SELLERS, b. March 09, 1828, Franklin Cnty, Waynesboro PA; d. August 11, 1894, Auglaize Cnty OH.
3. ii. JOHN WENGARD SELLERS, b. November 23, 1829, Franklin Cnty PA; d. 1910, Allen Cnty OH.
4. iii. HENRY SELLERS, b. September 28, 1831, Franklin Cnty PA; d. 1906, Auglaize Cnty OH.
5. iv. SAMUEL SELLERS, b. December 06, 1833, Franklin Cnty PA; d. September 09, 1906, Auglaize Cnty OH.
6. v. CATHERINE SELLERS, b. January 01, 1835; d. 1862.
7. vi. SUSAN SELLERS, b. March 16, 1837, PA; d. 1911.
8. vii. WILLIAM B SELLERS, b. August 22, 1839, Allen Cnty OH; d. 1922, Auglaize Cnty OH.
9. viii. ELIZA SELLERS, b. January 13, 1841, Allen Cnty OH.
10. ix. HARRIET SELLERS, b. January 15, 1843, Allen or Auglaize Cnty.
Generation No. 2
2. JOSEPH6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born March 09, 1828 in Franklin Cnty, Waynesboro PA, and died August 11, 1894 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married LEAH CRUMRINE April 04, 1852 in Allen Cnty OH, daughter of MARTIN CRUMRINE and CATHERINE BROSHES.
Notes for JOSEPH SELLERS:
Loren Sellers obtained info from Victor N. Sellers papers. Victor was grandson of Joseph, son of William.
These notes indicated Elizabeth Wengard was Anna Weingert. They show Joseph was born on 3-9-1828
in Franklin Cnty PA, Waynesboro..Joseph's DOB shows at 3-9-1828. Family rests with my G Grandfather, William, in Pleasant View Cemetery. Very limited 1860 census data shows C age 4. The other children
Notes for LEAH CRUMRINE:
Leah's last name shown as Cromrine on marriage data shown in Sellers Letters (C) M. Sims with Source as LDS Library at Salt Lake UT.
Children of JOSEPH SELLERS and LEAH CRUMRINE are:
11. i. DANIEL7 SELLERS, b. 1853, Ohio; d. 1929, Allen Cnty OH.
12. ii. DAVID SELLERS, b. May 1855, Allen Cnty OH; d. Abt. 1926, Allen Cnty OH.
13. iii. ELIZA CATHARINE SELLERS, b. Abt. 1856.
14. iv. WILLIAM SELLERS, b. July 30, 1859, OH; d. 1943, Prob Perry Twp , Allen Cnty OH.
15. v. MARY MARGARET SELLERS, b. 1861, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1936, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
vi. FRANKLIN P. SELLERS, b. July 27, 1866, OH; d. November 18, 1954, OH; m. <UNNAMED>.
Notes for FRANKLIN P. SELLERS:
Franklin died Nov 18 1954 at 88 yrs and never married. Date of birth was not clear but shows in 1900 census as Jul 66.. That same data shows Mary M Mosier, sister born in 1961,Tolbert, nephew
born in 1882, Leah V, niece, in Franklin's household. At that time, he was in Perry Twp, Allen Cnty. In 1910 data he is shown as 43, Mary as 48 , and Leah as 23, his neice still in household.
More About FRANKLIN P. SELLERS:
Fact 1: 1966, Died at age 88
Fact 2: Never married
3. JOHN WENGARD6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born November 23, 1829 in Franklin Cnty PA, and died 1910 in Allen Cnty OH. He married MARY MELISSA CONKLE January 01, 1852 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for JOHN WENGARD SELLERS:
John and wife are buried in same location as Leonard and wife, St Paul's Lutheran. John and family reflected in Perry Twp,Allen Cnty census data in 1880. This same data reflects only Edwina, Jennie, and Alice still at home. Jennie must be dau born in1864. A Wm Ridenour is also shown living with family in 1880. The 1900 census shows John and Mary still in same location with Carlton Ford, born in Sept 87, a grandson, and Mary M Conkle, mother in law, born in NY in 1811 living with them.
Notes for MARY MELISSA CONKLE:
All the data for Conkel family is from typed notes done by Loren Sellers from a sheet folded in the John W. Sellers family bible. As I recall, there are quite a few Conkle family members resting in St Paul's Lutheran Cemetery south of Lima,Ohio. rls
Family wedding date confirmed by LDS date from Library in Salt Lake.
LDS data shows Conkle. Listing for this family from notes in John W. Sellers Bible show name spelled as Conkel. rls 5-11-98. Census data from 1920 list Mary as Mary Ann Sellers,87, living with son-in-law,John W. Faulkner.
Children of JOHN SELLERS and MARY CONKLE are:
16. i. SAMUEL ANDREW7 SELLERS, b. January 14, 1853, OH; d. March 21, 1932, OH.
ii. LEONARD AUGUSTUS SELLERS, b. October 10, 1854; d. April 21, 1869.
Notes for LEONARD AUGUSTUS SELLERS:
This child is not shown on notes from Victor N. Sellers Loren recorded. Only about half of typed names
are shown on handwritten list. Date if death from data in letter from Ms Diller, Pandora, OH in Feb 65.
17. iii. GEORGE W SELLERS, b. August 19, 1856, OH.
iv. MARY ELIZABETH SELLERS, b. July 17, 1858; d. August 15, 1858.
Notes for MARY ELIZABETH SELLERS:
This is strange. Mary Elizabeth is not mentioned on handwritten list and sister Ruth shows being born
just over a month later.....Could it be that both perished ? One may have been born in 1857 vice 1858.
v. RUTH SELLERS, b. August 28, 1858.
Notes for RUTH SELLERS:
Birth date in question. It could be 1857,8, or 9 ?? . Name is not shown on handwritten list either.
Letter from Ms Diller of Pandora does not list Ruth but shows an infant died at birth. This must be the one.
18. vi. EDWINA SELLERS, b. January 12, 1861.
vii. JOHN BRUFFY SELLERS, b. April 17, 1863; d. November 20, 1863.
Notes for JOHN BRUFFY SELLERS:
Died at 7 mon and two days. Letter from Ms Diller lists date as Nov 20.
19. viii. ANNA JANE SELLERS, b. October 13, 1864; d. November 05,
ix. ELZINA SELLERS, b. August 24, 1868; d. December 19, 1872.
Notes for ELZINA SELLERS:
This name not included on handwritten notes either.
20. x. ALICE M SELLERS, b. September 28, 1870, Ohio.
xi. LUCY SELLERS, b. March 07, 1873; d. November 05, 1874.
xii. PHILLIP SELLERS, b. July 21, 1877; d. December 31, 1878.
4. HENRY6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born September 28, 1831 in Franklin Cnty PA, and died 1906 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married LAVINA DANNER November 15, 1863 in Either Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for HENRY SELLERS:
Marriage data from LDS listing. Lovina is spelling of wife's name on that list. Bio shows Lavina. Henry
had over 500 acres at his death in 1906. He settled on a woodland farm about a mile east of the Lima road in the upper part of Duchouquet Twp. The 1880 census data has his age wrong. He was 39 on
1870 census and only aged three years by 1880. Census data from several years confirms locale. The
names of the children vary from census to census. The 1900 census data shows Henry, Lavina, and three children still at home, Henry A,22, Dellie F, 20, and Grover C,17.
The passage of Henry in 1906, confirmed by cemetery and family records.
Henry and Lavina (or Lovina)
both lie with my parents in St Mathews Lutheran, with Lovina shown in cemetery data from Allen Cnty
Ohio. Some of the spelling in 1910 Soundex for Auglaize Cnty is wild. Lavina is now shown at 65 yrs as
Lorida Sellers. Charles A. ,44, is shown as Carles A. , and Henry P. Sellers,33, Lorina Sellers,11, and Harry Sellers 7, are all shown living with Henry Brantigan. Brantigan is shown as son in law of Lorida.
This grouping of folks makes sense. Charles A. Sellers's wife passed on in 1903. His son must
have been Harry J. A Harry J Sellers born in 1903 rests in St Mathews.
My records, Loren's notes, show Henry Breitagan vice Brantigan. Henry's
son Milo is shown with (homeplace) after his name. The name is familiar
to me and I believe that Milo farmed my grandfathers,James B. Sellers,
small farm on a share basis when I was a child. rls.
Notes for LAVINA DANNER:
Birth and death years from St Mathew's data provided by Mark Gierhar in Jun 98. Family notes indicate
Lavina but cemetery data shows Lovina.
Children of HENRY SELLERS and LAVINA DANNER are:
21. i. CHARLES A.7 SELLERS, b. August 04, 1865, Duchoquet Twp, Auglaize Cnty, OH; d. 1906, Duchoquet Twp, Auglaize Cnty, OH.
22. ii. SARAH R. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1868, Auglaize Cnty OH.
iii. LOUISA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1870, Auglaize Cnty OH; m. EZRA FRYER.
Notes for LOUISA SELLERS:
Bio provided by Mary Ann Fokken,Jul 98, shows name as Louisa.. She is shown as Eliza on 1880 census.
iv. HENRY P. SELLERS, b. August 1877, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. Abt. 1940, Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for HENRY P. SELLERS:
One list has this man shown as Penrow. Handwritten is Penroe, clearly.
He is listed as a life long bachelor. Bio data on father shows two sons Henry and Grover. This then must
be Henry not Penrow. Cemetery data for St Mathew's shows Henry P. with 1877-1940 life span. He is also listed right after Henry and Lovina.
23. v. DELLA SELLERS, b. March 1880, Auglaize Cnty OH.
24. vi. GROVER C. SELLERS, b. September 1882, Auglaize Cnty OH.
5. SAMUEL6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born December 06, 1833 in Franklin Cnty PA, and died September 09, 1906 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married ELIZA BARTON September 14, 1865 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for SAMUEL SELLERS:
Loren's notes indicate 16 children from this union. His typed list, from Victor N. Sellers papers, shows 11 names and some blanks. Cemetery data from Allen Cnty,Gierhart site show Barton/Stevenson Cemetery in Perry Township with Samuel and Eliza and others which appear related. Since "Liza" was a Barton, this is certainly a logical resting place for them. John Barton was my best man, and a cousin. We never really dug into that. His father was Gene Barton and mom was Blanche. This has to be that "cousin" link. Loren's notes also indicate Samuel was buried "down by the river near Harold Sellers's place. Location of cemetery appears to correlate with this note.rls.
Samuel's birth shown in written notes as 2-6-1833 but this was listing
with many months missing. 12-6-33 is shown in cemetery data and assumed
correct. Two children,who died very young are listed in cemetery data which
also follows large family number. This brings list to 14 children with
names. Wedding data from LDS list. 5-11-98 rls. Franklin added in
Jul 98 as he shows in in 1870 and 1880 census. The 1880 shows what must
be a pair of twins, Laura and Nannie both age 3. Mary shows at 10/12 age
on 1870 census and is still a mystery.
Notes for ELIZA BARTON:
Lady was named as "Liza" on Loren's notes. Age on 1880 census shown as 42..
Children of SAMUEL SELLERS and ELIZA BARTON are:
i. CHARLES L7 SELLERS.
Notes for CHARLES L SELLERS:
This son shown with no dates but as son of S and E. He must have died as an infant.
ii. MARTHA E. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1858; m. W. SIEBERT OTHO, September 24, 1882, Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for W. SIEBERT OTHO:
Marriage data for Auglaize county shows W. Seibert Otho as husband. This has to be man but name is
iii. HENRY SELLERS, b. February 20, 1860, Allen or Augliaze Cnty Ohio; d. May 22, 1906, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for HENRY SELLERS:
A bachelor....Birth and death dates taken from data from Barton/Stevenson Cemetery,located near Auglaize River south of Lima. This appears logical and 1990 census shows him still with father.
Age shown on cemetery data at 46y,3m,2d. Census data checks with birth date shown also.
iv. NANCY E SELLERS, b. Abt. August 19, 1861, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH; d. January 17, 1864, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for NANCY E SELLERS:
Census data for 1880 shows Nannie age 3. This tracks other info. Census shows both Laura and Nannie
with age of 3, ie birth abt 1877....strange. Nancy E. clearly shown in cemetery data with parents passing
on 17Jan1864 at 2 years plus.
25. v. JOSEPH MCCLELLAN SELLERS, b. 1862, Allen Cnty OH; d. 1924,
Allen Cnty OH.
vi. FRANKLIN SELLERS, b. Abt. 1864.
26. vii. FRANKIN SHERMAN SELLERS, b. Abt. December 1864.
27. viii. ALBERT SELLERS, b. October 1867, OH.
ix. NORA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1868; m. (1) HENRY MOWERY; m. (2) BEECHER FOX, May 25, 1895, Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for NORA SELLERS:
According to notes from Victor N. Sellers papers, Nora was married twice. Loren guessed that Squire Fox was the second. Shown in 1870 census as Nona age 2. Auglaize Cnty data shows Beecher Fox wedding
Laura Sellers on date shown. Both names are unique.
28. x. JOHN SELLERS, b. Abt. 1869, OH; d. Abt. 1939, Allen
or Auglaize Cnty OH.
xi. HULDA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1872; m. WESLEY BINER.
Notes for HULDA SELLERS:
Name changed to Hilda from Hulda based on 1880 census data.rls But 1900 data shows Hulda living
with Sarah Weisanthal in Ottawa Twp, Allen Cnty. Back to Hulda...Census data shows birth as May 1870
while 1880 census lists Hulda as 8. Probably same lady but some question.
xii. LILLIE SELLERS, b. February 28, 1873, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH; d. January 19, 1880, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for LILLIE SELLERS:
Cemetery data indicates 29Feb1873 as birth data. Program indicates that was not a leap
year so 28 Feb shown here.
29. xiii. LEWIS SELLERS, b. Abt. March 1875, Auglaize Cnty
xiv. LAURA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1877.
xv. NANNIE SELLERS, b. Abt. 1877.
xvi. HARMON SELLERS, b. February 1880, Ohio; d. 1923, Ohio.
Notes for HARMON SELLERS:
Harmon was evidently known as Jack Sellers also. He was a bachelor. Data from papers of Victor N. Sellers. 4-20-98. Message from Jill May,JA62@aol.com,provided info on birth and death. Harmon buried in St Matthew's Lutheran with my parents,etc. I am not sure what is old section and what is new. Howard and Helen are in new one tho. 1900 census data shows Herman which must be Harmon mis-spelled.
xvii. PEARL R. SELLERS, b. Abt. February 1882; m. DAN MOHLER.
Notes for PEARL R. SELLERS:
Date of birth here from 1990 census where she is shown as Pearl R. born in Feb 82.
6. CATHERINE6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born January 01, 1835, and died 1862. She married DAVID CRUMRINE July 18, 1852 in Allen Cnty OH, son of MARTIN CRUMRINE and CATHERINE.
Notes for CATHERINE SELLERS:
Marriage data from LDS listing. Husband's name spelled Cumerine on that listing.
Loren typed Crumrine clearly for David and Leah Crumrine, wife of Joseph. rls.5-11-98
Child of CATHERINE SELLERS and DAVID CRUMRINE is:
30. i. DAVID7 CRUMRINE, b. Abt. 1853, OH.
7. SUSAN6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born March 16, 1837 in PA, and died 1911. She married JEROME WALTON December 29, 1858 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for SUSAN SELLERS:
Marriage data from LDS listing. Husband's name shown there as Jerome Walters. Walton shown clearly in all family lists. Name retained. rls. Census and bio data obtained in Jul 98 confirm Walton as correct.
Partial quote of Portrait & Biographical Record-Auglaize County. "Jerome B. Walton is one of the progressive farmers and well to do citizens of Union Twp, Auglaize county. 160 Acres Section 5...Jerome B. Walton b 27May1833 in Franklin Co Ohio and came to Auglaize County when 3 years old."
This same story lists her birth day as 16Mar1837. My data did not show month. Place of birth shows
Bucks Cnty PA which must be an error, Franklin Cnty is almost certainly birth place. It is possible she was born enroute to Ohio. This all points to arrival in Lima in 1837. This article written after 1890 and notes only three living children, Neola, then Ms J.C. Watt, Eliza Ellen ,Ms Frank Rigdon, and F.P. who married Miss Etta Lusk. All three children listed then lived in Union Township with F.P. on the "home place".
Notes for JEROME WALTON:
From the same bio quoted in notes for Susan , "Jerome-school dricetor 30 years, assessor 4 years and land appraiser 1880-90 and Democrat. Mrs Walton holds membership in the Lutheran church and is a lady of benevolent impulses, to whom the destitute nver applear for aid in vain."
Children of SUSAN SELLERS and JEROME WALTON are:
i. NOELA7 WALTON, b. Auglaize Cnty OH; m. J.C. WATT.
ii. LAWRENCE WALTON.
iii. FRANK WALTON, m. ETTA LUSK.
Notes for FRANK WALTON:
F.P. is shown in bio done after 1890 on his father. Only 3 of 6 children were still living then.
iv. ELLA WALTON, b. Abt. 1862.
v. PAULINE WALTON, b. Abt. 1864, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. Aft. 1880.
Notes for PAULINE WALTON:
Young lady showed on 1880 census but was not listed as living in bio of father done after 1890.
vi. FLORENCE WALTON, b. Abt. 1868.
8. WILLIAM B6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born August 22, 1839 in Allen Cnty OH, and died 1922 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married SARAH J. BUCHANAN April 19, 1863 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for WILLIAM B SELLERS:
The 1920 census has both g grandparents living in Auglaize Cnty, Cridersville, at age 80 for William and
age 74 for Sarah J. The 1870 census data shows Elnore 5, Ida 3, and Lawrena at 10/12. This does not track other info. Elnora must be Cora shown in Loren's notes.
Children of WILLIAM SELLERS and SARAH BUCHANAN are:
i. ELNORA7 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1865, AUGLAIZE CNTY OH; d. < 1954.
Notes for ELNORA SELLERS:
Loren's notes indicate a Cora Sellers. The 1870 census data shows an Elnora as age 5.
31. ii. ELMER W. SELLERS, b. April 1865, Auglaize Cnty OH;
d. 1944, Auglaize Cnty OH.
iii. IDA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1867, AUGLAIZE CNTY OH; m. CHARLES PERLEINS.
32. iv. EDWARD L. SELLERS, b. September 1869, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1950, Auglaize Cnty OH.
33. v. JAMES BYRON SELLERS, b. October 22, 1872, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. September 30, 1954, Wapakoneta OH.
vi. EMMA SELLERS, b. 1876, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1897, Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for EMMA SELLERS:
Emma rests with parents in Pleasant View Cemetery, Union Twp, Auglaize Cnty.
34. vii. JENNIE E. SELLERS, b. May 1880, AUGLAIZE CNTY OH; d. WAYNESFIELD OH.
9. ELIZA6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born January 13, 1841 in Allen Cnty OH. She married MILES B LOWRY October 04, 1860 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for ELIZA SELLERS:
Marriage data from LDS listing (Sellers Letters (c) M. Sims from LDS library in Salt Lake.
Notes for MILES B LOWRY:
Family shown on 1880 census in Union Twp, Auglaize Cnty. Middle initial added for Miles from census.
Five children reflected in 1880. Shown in that census as family 238. The 1870 census, Family 23 reflects
Miles and wife with four children Lucinda, 7,Eliza 4, Josep 2, and Clay M, 9 months. Lucinda and Alice
appear to be the same young lady but Isabel at age 14 does not track. It appears some children may have passed on early in life .
Children of ELIZA SELLERS and MILES LOWRY are:
i. ALICE7 LOWRY, b. Abt. 1863, OH.
ii. ISABEL LOWRY, b. Abt. 1866, OH.
Notes for ISABEL LOWRY:
1880 census shows Izabel.
iii. MINNIE LOWRY, b. Abt. 1873, Auglaize Cnty OH.
iv. JAMES LOWRY, b. Abt. 1876.
v. JENNIE LOWRY, b. Abt. 1880, Auglaize Cnty OH.
10. HARRIET6 SELLERS (JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born January 15, 1843 in Allen or Auglaize Cnty. She married CHARLES CARTER April 12, 1860 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for HARRIET SELLERS:
Harriet was born in 1843. Notes do not show month. It may be on 15th of ?.
Wedding data from LDS listing.
Notes for CHARLES CARTER:
Family shown on 1870 and 1880 census as Family 241 in Union Twp, Auglaize Cnty. Five children shown then and brothe Van Carter age 38 also living with family. The 1870 census shows Charles at 35. Harriet at 25. Adeline 8, Delila 6, and Elmer 3, are on 1870 census.
Children of HARRIET SELLERS and CHARLES CARTER are:
i. ADELINE7 CARTER, b. Abt. 1862, Ohio.
Notes for ADELINE CARTER:
This young lady shows on 1870 census only.
ii. DELILA CARTER, b. Abt. 1864.
iii. LAWRENCE CARTER, b. Abt. 1867.
Notes for LAWRENCE CARTER:
The 1870 census shows Elmer age 3.
iv. ETTA CARTER, b. Abt. 1871.
v. CASSIE CARTER, b. Abt. 1874.
vi. CALVIN CARTER, b. Abt. 1876.
Generation No. 3
11. DANIEL7 SELLERS (JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born 1853 in Ohio, and died 1929 in Allen Cnty OH. He married LOUISA BEELER May 29, 1879 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for DANIEL SELLERS:
The first child of this union died as an infant, girl. Dates shown for both Daniel and wife
are from data on Gierhart site for St Paul's Cemetery. Daniel is assumed to be son of Joseph Sellers. This is only time that name shows in notes and both family and census data track. The 1880 census data shows family in Perry Twp, Allen Cnty. A Jackson Ridenour, age 26, shown living with family. Marriage data from Mary Ann Fokken in Jul 98 shows Auglaize Cnty. The 1910 census data reflects only
Dan and Calvin M, now 24 in Allen Cnty. The 1920 census shows Dan living alone at 66.
Notes for LOUISA BEELER:
This lady shown as Liza in other notes. Assumed to be Louisa Beeler.
Children of DANIEL SELLERS and LOUISA BEELER are:
35. i. CLINTON E.8 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1883.
36. ii. CALVIN M. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1886.
12. DAVID7 SELLERS (JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born May 1855 in Allen Cnty OH, and died Abt. 1926 in Allen Cnty OH. He married LOUISA C. WILSON October 10, 1875 in OH.
Notes for DAVID SELLERS:
Dates here from St Mathew's Cemetery data provided by Mark Gierhart, Jun 98. Cemetery data shows
David married to Louisa Wilson. Both in St Mathew's. The 1880 census shows family in Perry Twp, Allen
Cnty with two children Lillie 4, Sarah ,1. Once again, a William Ridenour, born OH, age 25, is shown living with this family.The 1900 census Alice,Franklin W, Ethel, and Zelma at home and all born in OH. The next census,1910 shows only Zelma at home in Allen Cnty and only 16. That does not quite track
with her birthdate from earlier data.
Children of DAVID SELLERS and LOUISA WILSON are:
i. LILLIE8 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1876; m. LUSH DAVIS.
Notes for LUSH DAVIS:
Mr Davis was Lush on one list and Luch on another.
37. ii. ALTA SELLERS, b. Abt. 1879.
38. iii. ALICE SELLERS, b. March 1880.
39. iv. FRANK W. SELLERS, b. December 1882, Allen Cnty OH.
40. v. ETHEL MAY SELLERS, b. September 20, 1887, Perry Twp, Allen Cnty, OH.
vi. ZELMA SELLERS, b. October 1892; m. LEE WALTON.
Notes for ZELMA SELLERS:
Shown as living east of Lima on north side of "ER 30" which could be CR 30. There are also two Fed Rt 30's in the area. One about 10 miles north of Lima and 30 South running thru Lima.
Notes for LEE WALTON:
Loren's notes indicate this family lived east of Lima on north side of ER or CR 30.
13. ELIZA CATHARINE7 SELLERS (JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1856. She married GEORGE A BEELER October 25, 1877 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for ELIZA CATHARINE SELLERS:
Name changed to match LDS listing. Eliza C used as Mr Beeler's middle initial added. rls.
Children of ELIZA SELLERS and GEORGE BEELER are:
i. MAHALA8 BEELER, m. TOM GOLDEN.
ii. VILLA BEELER.
iii. ELLA BEELER, m. LAWRENCE SKANE.
Notes for ELLA BEELER:
Last name of husband here is ?. It could be Skave or Skavre.
iv. SUSAN BEELER.
Notes for SUSAN BEELER:
"Suzie" listed in handwrittten notes as "died in infancy".
14. WILLIAM7 SELLERS (JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born July 30, 1859 in OH, and died 1943 in Prob Perry Twp , Allen Cnty OH. He married (1) MARIE B. He married (2) DAISY DELRAY.
Notes for WILLIAM SELLERS:
According to Loren's Sellers notes from Victor N. Sellers papers, Second wife was Daisy Delrey and first was Kisnis or Kisnes or Kisner. William month's of birth is corrected for month by 1900 census data. Marie B shown as name of what almost has to be first wife. Last name still a question. The 1920 census
data shows William, 60, and Maria B, 49, Doris W,17, and Lois,9.
Children of WILLIAM SELLERS and MARIE B are:
41. i. VICTOR N.8 SELLERS, b. February 1893, Allen Cnty OH.
ii. DOROTHY GRACE SELLERS, b. December 1894, Allen Cnty OH; m. SAMUEL LOWRY.
Notes for DOROTHY GRACE SELLERS:
Address shown for this family is 5 and 1/2 miles south of Lima on St John's Road. No children are shown
on this note.
iii. HAROLD SELLERS, b. May 1898, Allen Cnty OH; d. Abt. 1943, AZ; m. WAVELINE O. NYE.
Notes for HAROLD SELLERS:
Notes indicate no children and Scottsdale, AZ as address. Notes indicate Harold died at age 45. Census data for 1920 shows Harold Sellers, 21, living in Allen Cnty with the family of Ralph Ulrey. Ralph was born on Jan 7 1888,son of Silas Ulrey born in Perry Twp, Allen Cnty, on 22Nov1846. His mother was Lillian Munch born in New Lexington, Perry Cnty, Ohio on 29June1851. I have more data on Ulrey family. Ralph eventually moved to Union Cnty,Iowa. Munch family has interesting background also.rls
The 1920 data, in another entry, shows Waveline O. Sellers also living with Ralph.
iv. DORIS W. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1903, Allen Cnty OH; d. May 23, 1974, Lima OH; m. HAROLD SETTLEMIRE.
Notes for DORIS W. SELLERS:
Death date is uncertain. This may be brother Harold's date shown in notes as May 23, 1974 or it could be
that of Doris.
Address for Settlemire family shown as 4976 S Dixie Highway, Lima,
Ohio. This is also indicated to be within a mile of Cridersville.
Notes for HAROLD SETTLEMIRE:
Loren's notes indicate address for this family was 4976 S Dixie Highway, Lima,Ohio. Died 5-23-74 is also shown close to Doris's name.
v. LOIS SELLERS, b. Abt. 1911, Allen Cnty OH; m. IVAN BOWERSOCK.
Notes for LOIS SELLERS:
Address shown for this couple is 811 Fareview Ave, Lima, Ohio. The street name may well be wrong, only the first 3 letters are clear...
15. MARY MARGARET7 SELLERS (JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born 1861 in Auglaize Cnty OH, and died 1936 in Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH. She married GEORGE W MOSIER May 12, 1883 in Allen Cnty OH, son of VALENTINE MOSIER and MARY KING.
Notes for MARY MARGARET SELLERS:
Mgt shown in Loren's notes. LDS listing confirms full middle name. Husband's middle initial also from LDS listing. 5-11-98. rls Lady rests with parents in Pleasant View Cemetery , Auglaize Cnty.
Notes for GEORGE W MOSIER:
Data on George from Velva Bruce now living near Elida,Allen Cnty and working Mosier family history.
George married twice and rests in Hartshorn Cemetery in Allen Cnty, between Elida and Delphos,on
what is now known as Defiance Trail, but in my days was US 30 North. rls 8-18-98
Children of MARY SELLERS and GEORGE MOSIER are:
i. TALBERT8 MOSIER, b. September 12, 1882; d. September 09, 1962, Auglaize Cnty OH; m. VEDA LUELLA MORRIS.
Notes for TALBERT MOSIER:
Info from Velva Sherrick Bruce, Mosier expert, provides more detail. Talbert is correct. Died at age 79 and buried in Fairmont (Pleasant View) Cemetery, Union Twp,Auglaize Cnty, Ohio. His mother and sister also rest there. Loren's notes show no children. Data from Velva shows 3 and different middle and last
name for Verda.
ii. VIOLA MOSIER, b. Abt. 1886, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH; d. Abt. 1942, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for VIOLA MOSIER:
Note states this lady was unmarried when Loren wrote notes:prob late 60's.
She is also listed as last Secretary of the Sellers Re-union. Apparently her grand father Victor N. Sellers
was the Last President of that organization. I do not recall Sellers re-unions. Roger 3-29-98.
16. SAMUEL ANDREW7 SELLERS (JOHN WENGARD6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born January 14, 1853 in OH, and died March 21, 1932 in OH. He married (1) SARAH C.. He married (2) ELLEN BLANK September 28, 1876 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for SAMUEL ANDREW SELLERS:
Entry from Bible does not show spouse in nearly all cases. Children not there either.
Wife of Samual found in Auglaize Cnrty wedding data, Ellen Blank. This tracks with Loren's entry. Blank + 2 child-3 in handwritten notes. Date of death from letter dtd 2-3-65 from Ms Elmer Diller, Pandora, Ohio. Ohio census data for 1900 provides a clearer picture. Samuel, now age 47, shown with four children reflected in my data but no wife. Data from 1910 shows him still in Auglaize Cnty but now has new,assumed, wife Sarah C. , age 53.
Children of SAMUEL SELLERS and ELLEN BLANK are:
i. FRANCIS M8 SELLERS, b. October 1879.
ii. JOHN A SELLERS, b. August 1881.
iii. GEORGE W SELLERS, b. September 1883.
iv. ROSETTA SELLERS, b. November 1891.
17. GEORGE W7 SELLERS (JOHN WENGARD6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born August 19, 1856 in OH. He married ANNETTA R. LOWRY March 04, 1878 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for GEORGE W SELLERS:
Census data shows Charles F as 10 months. Wedding data from Mary Ann, Independence,MO.
Notes for ANNETTA R. LOWRY:
Dad's notes showed Netta, no doubt, a nickname.
Child of GEORGE SELLERS and ANNETTA LOWRY is:
i. CHARLES F8 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1880.
18. EDWINA7 SELLERS (JOHN WENGARD6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born January 12, 1861. She married WILLET FORD May 29, 1881 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for EDWINA SELLERS:
Date of death from letter from Ms Diller of Pandora, OH dtd 2-65. Marriage data from LDS listing. Name spelled Edvina on that listing. Willitt is spelling of husband's first name on that listing.
Children of EDWINA SELLERS and WILLET FORD are:
i. WALTER8 FORD.
ii. CARL FORD.
19. ANNA JANE7 SELLERS (JOHN WENGARD6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born October 13, 1864, and died November 05, 1948. She married GASHAM M GORE May 27, 1883 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for ANNA JANE SELLERS:
Marriage data from LDS listing. Name shown there as Jennie.
Child of ANNA SELLERS and GASHAM GORE is:
i. ETHEL8 GORE, b. 1888; d. 1968; m. RAY SHAW.
Notes for ETHEL GORE:
This is the Ethel Shaw who wrote the 1953 letter Loren used as basic history.
20. ALICE M7 SELLERS (JOHN WENGARD6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born September 28, 1870 in Ohio. She married JOHN W. FAULKNER.
Notes for ALICE M SELLERS:
Alice M stands for Alice Mareda according to Ms Diller of Pandora,OH. Ms Diller was contemporary of my father, Loren. Roger
Notes for JOHN W. FAULKNER:
Family shown living in Auglaize Cnty in 1920 census. Alice's mother Mary was with them.
Children of ALICE SELLERS and JOHN FAULKNER are:
i. FERN8 FAULKNER.
Notes for FERN FAULKNER:
Sex is guessed here. Fern likely to be female but could be male..?
ii. CECIL FAULKNER.
iii. NELLIE FAULKNER.
21. CHARLES A.7 SELLERS (HENRY6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born August 04, 1865 in Duchoquet Twp, Auglaize Cnty, OH, and died 1906 in Duchoquet Twp, Auglaize Cnty, OH. He married EMMA HENGSTLER November 28, 1897 in Auglaize Cnty OH, daughter of JOSEPH HENGSTLER.
Notes for CHARLES A. SELLERS:
Bio shows Charles "lived all his life in the Cridersville neighborhood". Bio also showed birthdate 10 years too early in 1856. 1880 census data would give 1866. Bio was published "somewhere" after
Henry's death in 1906. 1900 census data shows birth as Aug 1865. Son shown in that census as William Layton vice Harry in later bio. A "William Layton" born in 1882 in Ohio is shown on 1890 Soundex. The 1920 soundex shows Lovina age 21 and John H age 16.
After showing in the 1910 Soundex living with sister Della and Henry
Breitagan, the 1920 data shows
Charles in Auglaize Cnty with Lovina, 21, John H. 16, and Henry 42, his brother living together.
Notes for EMMA HENGSTLER:
Bio states lady died in 1903 and is buried in Lutheran Cemetery ,north of Cridersville. That is St Mathew's Cemetery.
Children of CHARLES SELLERS and EMMA HENGSTLER are:
i. LAVINA8 SELLERS, b. November 1898.
Notes for LAVINA SELLERS:
The name here is probably Lavina after her grandmother, Lavina Danner Sellers. She is shown on
1910 Soundex census data as Lorina Sellers,11. Other names in that data are spelled poorly.
ii. HARRY JOHN SELLERS, b. 1903, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1984, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH; m. LUCILLE L..
Notes for HARRY JOHN SELLERS:
Both of these folks rest in St Mathew's Lutheran in Allen Cnty. This is just south of Cridersville, OH in Auglaize Cnty. Harry, as a child, apparently lived very near my father's home about 8 miles south of Lima on what is now Town Line Rd. rls My father's notes call out Harry as son, not John H.
22. SARAH R.7 SELLERS (HENRY6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1868 in Auglaize Cnty OH. She married ALLEN BURDEN.
Notes for SARAH R. SELLERS:
Shown on handwritten notes as "Settie". There may have been 3 children. List shows Ressie, then Vera Cleady. Last could been another person. 1880 census data shows Sarah as 12, Eliza as 10, and another daughter just a few months old. The 1900 Soundex shows Della still as home and born in Mar 1880. The 1870 census shows Sarah R, age 2. This must be real name of child. R must be Rosetta.
Children of SARAH SELLERS and ALLEN BURDEN are:
i. RESSIE8 BURDEN.
ii. VERA BURDEN.
23. DELLA7 SELLERS (HENRY6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born March 1880 in Auglaize Cnty OH. She married HENRY BREITAGAN.
Notes for DELLA SELLERS:
Loren has written (homeplace) after Milo's name. I believe he did farming on James Byron Sellers farm on sharing basis. The name is familiar. Roger 3-29-98.
Child of DELLA SELLERS and HENRY BREITAGAN is:
i. MILO8 BREITAGAN.
24. GROVER C.7 SELLERS (HENRY6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born September 1882 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married ADDIE.
Notes for GROVER C. SELLERS:
Wife is handwritten as "cousin Joe's girl". with Glenn Sellers in spot normally used for kids..
The 1920 census data shows Glen 37, Addie 33, Glen H, 6, Paul 4, and Grover C, 2. Dau shown in notes
is not there.
Children of GROVER SELLERS and ADDIE are:
i. FLOSSIE8 SELLERS.
ii. GLEN SELLERS, b. Abt. 1914.
iii. PAUL SELLERS, b. Abt. 1916.
iv. GROVER C. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1918.
25. JOSEPH MCCLELLAN7 SELLERS (SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born 1862 in Allen Cnty OH, and died 1924 in Allen Cnty OH. He married EMMA M. LOURY December 23, 1883 in Allen Cnty OH.
Notes for JOSEPH MCCLELLAN SELLERS:
Both Joseph and Emma are buried in St Mathew's. Birth and death dates from cemetery info provided by Jill May in Apr 98. Allen Cnty Cemetery data also shows same data. Data makes sense since Harmon, also son of Samuel was listed with these folks. Since father Samuel was born in 1833, and he had tons of kids, birth dates track. Harmon was about 5 children after Joseph. Listed as Joe on some lists. Full name from LDS marriage listing.
Census ,Soundex, for 1910 confirms data. Data for 1920 shows couple
in Auglaize Cnty with no children
Notes for EMMA M. LOURY:
Spelling of last name here is a puzzle. Loury in LDS listing used for marriage data. Shown
as Long on another typed list from Victor N. Sellers papers. Lowry is another logical guess.
Children of JOSEPH SELLERS and EMMA LOURY are:
42. i. OREL DAVID8 SELLERS, b. October 18, 1889, Oh; d. June 26, 1939, Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH.
ii. ROY SELLERS, b. Abt. 1901.
Notes for ROY SELLERS:
There is a Ray Sellers 24, and Ruth 22 in 1920 data for Lima, Allen Cnty.
43. iii. EVERETT L. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1902; d. Abt. 1954, Allen Cnty OH.
26. FRANKIN SHERMAN7 SELLERS (SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. December 1864. He married MARY ELIZABETH RITCHIE May 28, 1885 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for FRANKIN SHERMAN SELLERS:
Date shown here from variety of sources. Both husband and wife's names appear to have been scrambled. Loren's notes from Victor N Sellers papers typed clearly show Sherman married to Lizzie Ritchie with children Guerney, Orlo, Iona, and Anna Marie. The 1990 census has Sherman with Mary E as wife and and two young children, Charles G and Iona. 1880 census does not show Sherman as child of Samuel but shows a Franklin about 16. Franklin was not on Loren's list. Marraige data from Auglaize Cnty shows Frank S. Sellers being married to Lizzie M. Ritchie on 5-28-1885. As of 8Aug98, I am assuming the Frank S is really F Sherman Sellers and the Lizzie very probably was Mary Elizabeth vice Elizabeth M. Census data shows Franklin as child 06 in 1870. Name was well be Franklin Sherman.
The 1910 census lists Frank S Sellers with wife Mary E three years his senior and four children, Charles G., 20,Iona 15, Orlo 6, and Marie 4. The 1920 census shows Frank S with Mary C and three children still
at home in Allen Cnty, Guerney 28, Orlo 17, and Anna Marie 14.
Notes for MARY ELIZABETH RITCHIE:
Shown as Lizzie Ritchie in Auglaize wedding data and in Loren's notes.
Children of FRANKIN SELLERS and MARY RITCHIE are:
i. CHARLES GUERNEY8 SELLERS, b. February 1891.
ii. IONA SELLERS, b. April 1895.
iii. ORLO, b. Abt. 1904.
iv. ANNA MARIE SELLERS, b. Abt. 1906.
27. ALBERT7 SELLERS (SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born October 1867 in OH. He married EMMA C. MOWERY.
Notes for ALBERT SELLERS:
From Victor N. Sellers papers. Apparently Albert was also known as "Mac". Dates refined some from
1900 Soundex for Allen Cnty, Shawnee Twp. Four children reflected in that census. 1910 census for Auglaize Cnty shows family with five children with two born after 1900.....! Children then listed as Ray,19,Anna 16, Hazel 13, Elza (son) 8, and Ruth 1. The 1920 data shows two more children.
Children of ALBERT SELLERS and EMMA MOWERY are:
i. WALTER8 SELLERS, b. May 1891, Allen Cnty OH.
ii. LYDIA SELLERS, b. February 1894, Allen Cnty OH.
iii. HAZEL D SELLERS, b. October 1896, Allen Cnty OH.
iv. HAROLD A SELLERS, b. January 1900, Allen Cnty OH.
v. ELZA E. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1902.
vi. RUTH V. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1909.
vii. YVONNE E SELLERS, b. Abt. 1913.
viii. RICHARD L. SELLERS, b. Abt. 1920.
28. JOHN7 SELLERS (SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1869 in OH, and died Abt. 1939 in Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH. He married (1) MEAD CHILDS. He married (2) SARAH ANNETA.
Notes for JOHN SELLERS:
Notes from Victor N. Sellers papers indicate John was married twice. Mead must be the second lady.
1900 census shows he and Sarah A in Cridersville. John and Sarah A shown resting in St Mathew's which also tracks since that is just south of Cridersville. 1910 census shows John and Anneta both 40 and Dasna Biner, neice or nephew. Child prob born of Hulda and Wesley Biner. The 1920 data shows
a John Sellers living with son in law, Howard Helmes, in Lima. John shown as 50 which tracks.
Child of JOHN SELLERS and SARAH ANNETA is:
i. GLADYS8 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1893, Cridersville, Auglaize Cnty , OH.
29. LEWIS7 SELLERS (SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. March 1875 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married FLORA.
Notes for LEWIS SELLERS:
Witta with a ? is shown in notes as wife. No children shown. Flora shown in 1900 census data for Auglaize Cnty. Only Herman shown as child with Henel Deidrick as stepdaughter. A servant, Bertha Sikert born in July 1882 is also listed. Odd that folks so young would have a servant....The 1910 Soundex info for Allen Cnty shows Lewis and Flora at age 35, Helen at 16 , and Herman 9. The data for
1920 show a Lewis Sellers, 44, and a Bertha,27, born in Illinois and living in Lima. His age is about right
but what happened to wife and kids ??
Children of LEWIS SELLERS and FLORA are:
i. HELEN8 DEIDRICK, b. November 1893.
ii. HERMAN SELLERS, b. May 1900.
30. DAVID7 CRUMRINE (CATHERINE6 SELLERS, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1853 in OH. He married AMELIA.
Notes for DAVID CRUMRINE:
Data here from 1880 Census for Perry Twp, Allen Cnty OH. Shown as Family 102.
Children of DAVID CRUMRINE and AMELIA are:
i. LAWRENCE8 CRUMRINE, b. Abt. 1876.
ii. EVA CRUMRINE, b. Abt. 1878.
iii. FRANCIS CRUMRINE, b. Abt. 1879.
31. ELMER W.7 SELLERS (WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born April 1865 in Auglaize Cnty OH, and died 1944 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married IDA C. LUSK May 31, 1889 in Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for ELMER W. SELLERS:
Marriage date from family data of Charles Rusk, Lima, Oh via E-mail 24 May 98. His data shows
Elmore W. Sellers married to Ida C. Lusk but no other data. 1900 census data confirms both middle initials and provides months of birth that track other data. Rachel E Cowan born in Oct 89 is shown living
with them in 1900. Family rests in Pleasant View Cemetery, Union Twp,Auglaize Cnty.
Child of ELMER SELLERS and IDA LUSK is:
i. ORLO M.8 SELLERS, b. 1891, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1891, Auglaize Cnty OH.
32. EDWARD L.7 SELLERS (WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born September 1869 in Auglaize Cnty OH, and died 1950 in Auglaize Cnty OH. He married KATHERINE KINSTLE.
Notes for EDWARD L. SELLERS:
Edward L Sellers is confirmed in 1900 census as correct. Wife's name shown with ? as Kata. Birth dates from that data. Family shown in Union Twp, Auglaize Cnty. Grave data shows Katherine 1873-19xx. The 1910 census shows Edward and Katherine in Allen Cnty . The 1920 census shows family in Allen Co (Edgar L shown) with William as F. S. , prob foster son.
Children of EDWARD SELLERS and KATHERINE KINSTLE are:
i. FREDERICK8 SELLERS, b. 1909, Auglaize Cnty OH; d. 1912, Auglaize Cnty OH.
Notes for FREDERICK SELLERS:
Frederick rests with parents.
ii. WILLIAM SELLERS, b. 1912.
33. JAMES BYRON7 SELLERS (WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born October 22, 1872 in Auglaize Cnty OH, and died September 30, 1954 in Wapakoneta OH. He married MARY CATHERINE BEAR.
Notes for JAMES BYRON SELLERS:
The final words from local paper. "Wapakoneta. James B. Sellers, 81, native of Duchoquet Township, Auglaize County, died at 4:50 p.m. yesterday in the Hay Rest Home here. He had been ill the last 1 1/2 years. He taught in elementary schools in Cridersville and Westminster as well as the one-room schools in Union and Duchoquet townships in Auglaize County some 42 years. He was a member of the Victory Chapel Evangelical United Brethern Church. His wife, Mary Catherine, died April 12,1942. Surviving are two sons, Loren F.,1414 Hill St, Lima:Howard, Dayton: four grandchildren: a sister, Mrs Jennie Haywood, Waynesfield." Remaining text told times of service at Bayliff Funeral home and place of burial. rls.
Children of JAMES SELLERS and MARY BEAR are:
44. i. HOWARD8 SELLERS, b. March 13, 1905, RT 6 Wapakoneta OH; d. FL.
45. ii. LOREN FLOYD SELLERS, b. October 03, 1909, RT 6 Wapaloneta OH; d. April 08, 1988, Lima OH.
34. JENNIE E.7 SELLERS (WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born May 1880 in AUGLAIZE CNTY OH, and died in WAYNESFIELD OH. She married FRED HAYWOOD.
Notes for JENNIE E. SELLERS:
I met Lucy at dad's funeral. Such a nice lady. See lived in Tiffin. I believe she also made it to mom's funeral. Jennie evidently married rather late for that time. She is shown on 1910 census still living at
home in Auglaize Cnty at age 29.
Middle initial from 1910 data.
Child of JENNIE SELLERS and FRED HAYWOOD is:
i. LUCY ELLEN8 HAYWOOD.
Generation No. 4
35. CLINTON E.8 SELLERS (DANIEL7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1883. He married SUSAN MOHLER.
Notes for CLINTON E. SELLERS:
The 1920 census shows Clinton in Allen Co at age 37 with wife Hannah M ,age 35. A child Florence C,age 10, is also shown. This could be 2d marriage or name error.
Child of CLINTON SELLERS and SUSAN MOHLER is:
i. FLORENCE9 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1910.
36. CALVIN M.8 SELLERS (DANIEL7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1886. He married HAZEL LOCKE.
Notes for CALVIN M. SELLERS:
Calvin's birthdate does not seem to track. Census data leads one to believe he was born after mom's death. Not likely.
Child of CALVIN SELLERS and HAZEL LOCKE is:
i. CLARENCE9 SELLERS.
37. ALTA8 SELLERS (DAVID7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1879. She married JIM MARSHALL.
Notes for ALTA SELLERS:
This lady probably was really Sarah shown in 1880 census.
Children of ALTA SELLERS and JIM MARSHALL are:
i. DOLLY9 MARSHALL.
ii. ETHEL MARSHALL.
38. ALICE8 SELLERS (DAVID7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born March 1880. She married DARRIEL HOWELL.
Children of ALICE SELLERS and DARRIEL HOWELL are:
i. VIRGIL9 HOWELL.
ii. WOVALINE HOWELL.
Notes for WOVALINE HOWELL:
This name and sex are strickly guess work. Woxxline could be nearly anything. It might even be a last
name rather than another child.
39. FRANK W.8 SELLERS (DAVID7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born December 1882 in Allen Cnty OH. He married BERTHA STILES.
Notes for FRANK W. SELLERS:
1900 soundex census data shows Frank as Franklin W. The 1910 data shows Frank 27, Bertha, 24, and Glenn 4. The 1920 data shows Frank W. ,Bertha, Glen C 13, and Isabella 3.
Children of FRANK SELLERS and BERTHA STILES are:
i. GLENN9 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1906, Allen Cnty OH.
ii. ISABEL SELLERS, b. Abt. 1917, Allen Cnty OH.
40. ETHEL MAY8 SELLERS (DAVID7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born September 20, 1887 in Perry Twp, Allen Cnty, OH. She married RENO MERLE BOWDLE November 25, 1905.
Notes for ETHEL MAY SELLERS:
There may be two children of this union. Chester is prob correct but not perfectly clear. Another name
Settlesmere or Sethlexxxxx is shown in front of "Chester".
Notes for RENO MERLE BOWDLE:
A History of Auglaize Cnty shows family but list children as Cecile and Robert Merle. This story was written after 1958...
Children of ETHEL SELLERS and RENO BOWDLE are:
i. ROBERT MERLE9 BOWDLE.
ii. CECILE MARIE BOWDLE, b. July 05, 1911, Auglaize Cnty OH; m. GERALD RICHARD BENNETT.
41. VICTOR N.8 SELLERS (WILLIAM7, JOSEPH6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born February 1893 in Allen Cnty OH. He married (1) SARAH DRAKE. He married (2) LILLIAN E. HAMILTON.
Notes for VICTOR N. SELLERS:
Address, apparently for Victor was RR # 1, Box 180 ? , Lakeview, Ohio. Victor was married twice. First lady was Sarah Drake and second was Lillian E. Hamilton.
Victor's children Noram and Mara Ellen may have delivered by either
lady, but form of notes leads one
to believe Norman was result of first marriage and Mara Ellen by the second.
Mara Ellen is shown in one note as one word and two words. In the
ink written note , form might lead one
to believe both children came from second union.
Children of VICTOR SELLERS and SARAH DRAKE are:
i. MARA ELLEN9 SELLERS, m. (1) HORANCE BLACKWELL; m. (2) HOWARD DENNIS.
Notes for MARA ELLEN SELLERS:
Once again, Maraellen was married twice. Although it is not wildly clear, she and Mr Blackwell had three daughers listed, Sharon,Tiffiny, and Dawn.
Second marraige to Howard Dennis. Either he was from Ninneapolis
MN or they lived there. It appears
that one male was born of this union, Richard Olsen. It is possible that this name is two sons....
Another address shown was 4353 S. Cedar Ave. I have no idea what city this correlates with.
ii. NOMAN SELLERS, b. Abt. 1919; m. WINNIE LOGUE.
Notes for NOMAN SELLERS:
Apparently Norman lived for many years very near Loren and Dorothy Sellers. Address shown is 6275 Dewey Ave, Lima, Ohio. This is within a few blocks of 1414 Hill St and 320 S Collins Ave, the last two homes of my parents. Roger 3-29-98. A re-reading of notes indicated Homer was prob married to Mary and Andy to a Jean.
42. OREL DAVID8 SELLERS (JOSEPH MCCLELLAN7, SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born October 18, 1889 in Oh, and died June 26, 1939 in Allen or Auglaize Cnty OH. He married ROSA LEONE.
Notes for OREL DAVID SELLERS:
Orel David Sellers shown buried in Jackson Twp, Allen Cnty, Lafayette, Ohio. This is assumed to be
Oral shown in notes. The 1920 census data shows Orvill Sellers, 30, Rosa 26, and the three children
listed. At that point, they were in Auglaize Cnty.
Children of OREL SELLERS and ROSA LEONE are:
i. DOROTHY9 SELLERS, b. Abt. 1914.
ii. CARL SELLERS, b. Abt. 1915.
iii. HELEN SELLERS, b. Abt. 1917.
43. EVERETT L.8 SELLERS (JOSEPH MCCLELLAN7, SAMUEL6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born Abt. 1902, and died Abt. 1954 in Allen Cnty OH. He married DORIS V.
Notes for EVERETT L. SELLERS:
Data here from St Mathew's Cemetery,Allen Cnty ,OH
Child of EVERETT SELLERS and DORIS is:
i. ROGER GENE9 SELLERS, b. January 13, 1923; d. August 10, 1943.
Notes for ROGER GENE SELLERS:
St Mathew's data from Mark Gierhart gives dates and list US Navy WW II.
44. HOWARD8 SELLERS (JAMES BYRON7, WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born March 13, 1905 in RT 6 Wapakoneta OH, and died in FL. He married HELEN.
Notes for HOWARD SELLERS:
Howard and Helen were both living in FL in spring of 91. By fall of 94 when my mother Dorothy passed away, they were both gone and buried within 100 yards of my parents, grandparents, to the south in a newer area. Roger 3-29-98.
David went thru a variety of occupations. He was in FL and a barber
the last I knew. He was an only child raised in Dayton,Kettering, Ohio.
He was several years younger than I, probably born about 1940. He may have
fathered children to keep Sellers name going. No contact in memory. Roger
Notes for HELEN:
Date of birth and death obtained via SSAN. It appears Helen's SSAN was 276-36-5613. Similiar check for
Howard did not come out as well. A Howard is shown with about proper birth day, but SSAN issued in IN.
Child of HOWARD SELLERS and HELEN is:
i. DAVID9 SELLERS.
45. LOREN FLOYD8 SELLERS (JAMES BYRON7, WILLIAM B6, JOHN LEONARD5, PHILIP HENRY4, JOHN LEONARD3, PHILIP HENRY2, HANS ADAM1 SOLLER) was born October 03, 1909 in RT 6 Wapaloneta OH, and died April 08, 1988 in Lima OH. He married DOROTHY EILENE CRAWFORD March 16, 1935 in St Luke's Lutheran Lima OH, daughter of CHARLES CRAWFORD and BEULAH REED.
Children of LOREN SELLERS and DOROTHY CRAWFORD are:
i. ROGER LEE9 SELLERS, b. August 31, 1936, Lima, OH; m. HELEN EUNICE BOHN, May 31, 1958, Trinity EE Lutheran Ft Wayne, IN.
ii. JAMES F SELLERS, b. May 24, 1941, LIMA OH; d. August 14, 1943, LIMA OH.
iii. INFANT GIRL SELLERS, b. May 23, 1945, Lima, OH; d. May 23, 1945, Lima, OH.
iv. RODNEY KEITH SELLERS, b. February 01, 1947, LIMA OH.
v. MARILYN F SELLERS, b. September 17, 1948, LIMA OH.
By Roger Sellers email@example.com
My gg grandfather J. Leonard Sellers,moved to Allen
Cnty Ohio circa 1837
from Franklin Cnty PA.
He was born in Bucks Cnty PA in 1782, son of Philip Henry, and grandson of
Leonard who died in
Bucks Cnty in 1805. Leonard died in 1860 and is buried in St Paul's
Cemetery, just south of Lima, Ohio. In just a few months, I have made good
progress filling in blanks prior to
1900. My thanks to you who have helped.
My quest now is to sort out Sellers in the Allen/Auglaize Cnty area
1800-1900 time frame.
A John Sellers is buried in the same cemetery and died 21May 1882 at the
of 71yr,4m,17d. His
wife Susan lies with him. She passed on 27Sep1892 at 73yr,1m,0d. Couple
in 1850 census data
in German Twp, Allen Cnty Ohio with children Samuel,Catherine,Elizabeth,
Frances, and Susan.
A Viola shows by 1880 census when they were in Perry Twp,Allen Cnty. A John
Sellers signed for land in Lima OHIO in fall of 1840--so did a Jacob
Sellers. This is prob the same John.
Records show John and Susan born in Ohio. This appears to preclude
traveling to Ohio with my gg grandfather. Does anyone have data showing
origin of this couple or the Jacob who was there in 1840 ?
Data here from various on-line sources. Leonard Sellers came to Phil
1728 with folks and
settled in Bucks Cnty PA. He had several children. Philip Henry, a son, =
had a George born abt
1781. THis George married a Magdalena Shirk circa 1807 and had moved to =
Franklin Cnty with
parents before 1800.
Leonard also had a son George born later, abt 1785. He married
Magdalena Schneider in
Bucks in 1809 and later moved to Franklin Cnty PA, Greencastle. Philip =
Henry was my ggg
grandfather. It was his son Leonard that moved to Ohio in 1836-37. This =
is a "German" line.
The name George is pretty common to "other lines" also. Too bad ,from =
our viewpoint, that they
didn't issue SSAN two or three hundred years earlier. It seems I have =
been paying it nearly that
Above is very brief extract of "my Leonard Sellers". Elizabeth was his =
wife and there is
confusion concerning her maiden name. Notes from my father, circa =
1950-75, show it Wengerd
but notes by him from a relative's papers show it as Weingert. I had =
mail from a fellow in
Franklin Cnty PA who had little or no info on Elizabeth Wingert born =
about 1816. Therefore I
am very interested in Wenger data if..we are talking about same folks. =
To basics, Leonard was
born in Bucks Cnty PA in 1782 and died in Allen Cnty OH on 3Sep1860 at =
age of 77yr,9m,15d.
Elizabeth born ? died in Allen Cnty OH on 8June1885 at 81yr,9m,15d. This =
is data from stones
in St Paul's Cemetary south of Lima. I have physically been there but it =
was back in 1988 when
my father left us. I was born and raised in Lima.
Regards, Roger in Las Cruces
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 98-07-15 22:23:08 EDT
From: email@example.com (Roger Sellers)
I just noted some calculations I made. Using 30 day months Elizabeth
born on Aug 23 1803. Real months prob make it Aug 24. Most common =
was Wengard but now I see base document my
dad typed has Wengerd. Wenger certainly fits nicely as an alternative in =
Hope this helps. Roger
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Roger Sellers)
Great...!! Yes I have FTW with all known data, and some guess work
(labeled as such).
Early,months ago extract is on Sellers-L@rootsweb.com but I would be =
happy to send your
detail if I can figure out out to do it. I can get neat reports but =
saving and sending them are
tricky. I have been computing since 82 but relative novice to family =
had Dad's notes for over ten years. I can track Leonard's family from =
Germany to Ohio down to
my grandkid's,5. I have not found a soul..until now..who was following =
Leonard or part of
family. I know some of dad's cousins were involved from his notes. My =
brother still lives near
Lima within a mile or so of my grandfather's farm (James B Sellers). He =
passed on right after I
started college in the dark ages of 1954. Much of the Franklin Cnty PA =
info I have came from a
Joanne Baker who has been working Sellers family detail there for a =
couple of years. P. Henry
was missing link from Dad's day until Apr 98 when she gave me info on =
ggg grandfather P
Henry, Leonard's pop....
My data for really old generations is tons better than my father's or my =
Let me know what you would like.
Muchas Gracias (sw flavor)
From: email@example.com (Roger Sellers)
You may use info I fowarded as you please. The forwarded msg from
Baker adds or subtracts
some info. The son of John Sellers (Leonard's brother) , Jacob, was not =
the fellow signing for
land in Allen Cnty OH in 1840 since I now know he died in 1810. Joanna =
has bunches of good
info. I didn't know she was a teacher. My degree was in Ed, Soc Science =
and Math, but then I
went in the Army for about 27 years, took business courses in evening in =
early 80's and have
been a broker since 1985. Bought new (old model) Okidata 600e today for =
about 160 bucks.
New prt head assembly cost about that. I will put 400e in wife's room =
where it will get little if
any use. I also lived it up a Sam's Club in El Paso. They cut price on =
titanium golf irons with
graphite shafts 100 bucks so I blew almost 500...I usually play 3 times =
a week and have a
birthday coming at end of Aug, happy birthday to me.
Yes I got your file fine. I added to my file quite a bit but need to =
check for logical stop pt. For
Joanna. Yes I would like info on George and family. I assume all kids =
were born to Anna before
Barbara came along ? Off the top of my head, I don't know where I got =
other name. I also assume
the Abraham and Philip mentioned are grandsons of J Leonard, ie sons of =
P Henry 1752-1834,
brother(s). I have only tried to sort out one other brother, Paul, and =
did not get very far there.
If stuff I forwarded is used, feel free to edit English...I put tons of =
info in TRM in one night
and have seen some poor wording or missing words in my typing. I took =
typing in 53-54....
Muchas Gracias to all
From: HarryBak@aol.com [mailto:HarryBak@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 1998 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: Leonard Sellers
Roger, I finally read your file and have some corrections to make.
guess that just comes
naturally to a teacher. Philip Henry(1752-1834), son of John Leonard =
and Anna and Anna
Maria, (1758-after1810), dau of John Leonard and Anna, not Catherine. =
No birthdate for John. I
am assuming, (always a dangerous thing), that he was born some time in =
between. John's son,
Jacob, died in 1810 in Franklin Co. wife, Barbara, no children named. =
He was only abt 25. John
Leonard, (1727-1805) did not leave a will. His estate was not settled =
until death of wife,
Barbara. I have been unable to search the records in Bucks but did find =
bond where Henry was
named as oldest son but scratched thru in favor of Abraham and Philip =
probably because he lived
so far away. Further work could be done in the records of Bucks. Maybe =
I'll make the trip
sometime. The info naming Mary Dungan and Sarah Smith, wife of John, =
and Maria Kinsey,
widow (probably of Jacob) of Bedford Co. was in the Misc. books. There =
may be more there
and in the account books. The Society did the limited research for me =
after I found the pages in
an index. I do have more information on children of George Sellers =
(1784-1842) and his
children. I will sort thru and pass it on if you are interested. I =
will let you know about any other
corrections I find. Thanks, Joanna.
Date: 98-07-31 22:46:00 EDT
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Roger Sellers)
If I could get my brother on the ball, maybe he could have dug up
much info in a month or
two, on the ground in Allen/Auglaize Cnty. I have done all kinds of =
searchs for those counties,
and have Sellers registered on there sites. It yielded some cemetary =
data but little else. The DOS
file is "gang busters !!". Amongst other things, it gives me resting =
place of my gg grand folks,I
knew it was somewhere in Auglaize Cnty. Auglaize was created in 1841, I =
think, out of mostly
Allen Cnty. James Byron Sellers farm was on County Line Rd about 8 miles =
south of Lima.
County line is somewhere just north of farm--it hasn't been in family =
for 30 yrs or so. My brother
lives just about a mile north on the same road. I am not sure which =
county he is in. The Lutheran
Cem north of Cridersville (towards Lima,and in Shawnee Twnship) is St =
and holds my grandparents,parents,uncle and wife, and bunch of other =
Sellers. Leonard and
Elizbeth lie in St Paul's Lutheran, closer to Lima on south side. At a =
glance, it looks like my
dad's notes were pretty good but your data gives more info on children =
than I had. Joanna just
gave me info on about 7 ggg half grand uncles and aunts, children of =
Leonard's grandfather by
another lady that I was completly unaware of. She also shot down my =
theories of John and Jacob
Sellers who signed for land in Lima in 1840 on the same day as Leonard. =
Your data my help
there. I assume that you copied info from census data for years =
indicated. Was it from FTM CD,
hard copy from Ohio counties, ??. My novice status in family history =
field shows. Thanks to the
WWW and kind folks like yourself, I have made more progress in a few =
months than my dad, or
others,made in many,many, years.
Sincere thanks, Roger
Both John's are in the same cemetery as Leonard and Elizabeth but
John and family born in Ohio. Since he was born circa 1811 and Leonard =
apparently did not get
to OH until early 1837, I don't think that is relationship. I had =
guessed his folks and was wrong.
Joanna shot down my theories for both John and Jacob Sellers-they signed =
for land in Lima on
the same day as Leonard. I think we will find that there is a =
relationship but it may well lie with
the children of Leonard's grandfather,with his last wife. Some of them =
are contemporaries of
Leonard. I also noted you eliminated CAPS in some cases for names. I am =
doing that in
my db also. One thing still puzzles me;that is listing of county names =
without indication of what
is shown. If one has city and county with the same,or similiar names, =
confusion could reign.